Monday, June 21, 2010

Austin Music Blog Jam

This Saturday, June 26th, at The Ghost Room is the debut of the first ever Austin Music Blog Jam. This show will feature Austin bands The Pons, STEREO IS A LIE, and Wiretree along with Houston band Searching for Signal. Plus ATXlive.com will have cameras on hand to shoot the whole event. It's a great opportunity to meet some of your favorite bloggers and enjoy some great music. I first saw and met The Pons last December and they became an instant favorite. I really appreciate solid songwriting with great people and stories behind those songs at the end of the day. I've been fortunate to follow STEREO IS A LIE from the very beginning in late 2008. Even from the first gig, you knew you were in for something special. I've known SIAL lead singer and guitarist, Glynn Wedgewood, since 2005 when he landed in Austin with fellow Brits, Nic Armstrong and the Thieves (later named, IV Thieves). When I first heard that Glynn was starting his own band, needless to say, the anticipation was high. As much as I've enjoyed the live sets, I can't wait to hear what these guys have done on record. When you do come to a show, please bring your earplugs - don't say I didn't warn you. I say that as a compliment to the band and their amps :) This event also features melodic folk-influenced sounds of Austin band, Wiretree.

Across my Mind - Wiretree - underthefloorboard.com from underthefloorboard.com on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment