Monday, August 8, 2011

How I l Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Sour Notes

I can't exactly remember when I first saw The Sour Notes. I vaguely recall not being an instant fan but thought that they had potential. Another way to explain it is I liked the songs enough to see and hear them again but I needed more convincing. It's easy to dismiss bands if their music doesn't instantly win you over. It's almost like a courtship. Sometimes you need to take the time for you and the music to get to know each other, be attentive, and listen closely. And it has developed into a serious music crush. With 4 albums plus 2 7 inch singles in 3 years, an active performing schedule, and always working on new material, they show no signs of stopping anytime soon. They check all the boxes for me : hook filled, ambitious pop songs, occasional dramatic flair with horns and strings, lyrics and melodies that range from sweet to sinister.

No comments:

Post a Comment